The Ozone Rapidos is a fun all-around speedwing that can be used for speedriding and speedflying. We see it 70% for speedflying and 30% for speedriding. It’s advantages are:
- Easy take off while foot launching: the Rapidos makes a little bit more lift than a Mirage RS and takes off slightly earlier.
- Nice handling: The Rapidos has the roll many pilots like. It rolls more than a Mirage RS, but less than the Level Wings Fury. It’s agile, but not yet nervous. The small sizes are Barrel Roll machines.
- Safe and stable: Even with trimmers open the Rapidos is stable and safe in turbulences. It takes strong turbulence to collapse, even with trims open. When it does collapse, it reopens quickly with no hassle.
- Sticks to the ground while swooping. It does long swoops and sticks to the ground after moderate hook turns. When hooked in crazy, it levels up 1-2 meter from the ground. To avoid this you need to load it enough.
- It’s nice to fly with the back risers.
- It’s got very nice risers with easy to use trimmers system.
- Big range: It glides a tick more than a Mirage RS in the same size.
Good to know
- It’s a little slower and not as steep as Mirage RS. The glide-angle range is still about the same, because it glides a tick better then a Mirage RS.
- Sizes 11, 9 and 8 are easy to stall with trims closed. Be careful when flying with trims closed. No worries with trims fully open.
- On skis the Rapidos is more demanding than a Mirage RS. It needs more impulse to come up and then it shoots more. The wing is heavier and needs more speed and control while riding. When collapsing while riding, it’s harder to get it back fully above your head.
Great and safe all-around wing. Easy enough to learn speedriding and speedflying with paragliding experience. Slightly easier for speedflying then a Mirage RS, but a little more demanding for speedriding.
Tech details and marketing texts