Phi Viola – Our opinion
The Viola is a great Hike and Fly wing, if you don’t need to have the lightest one out there. She glides a little better than a Pi, is super safe in terms of collapses (even in the smallest sizes) and is very easy to take off. Plus she is not too expensive. We think the Viola is a great wing to start paragliding also. A light wing makes ground-handling less frustrating and helps you progress faster.
The Viola has a lot of roll, but is very pitch stable. Just how we like good wings. Safe but fun to fly.
- Not as fragile as a Bantam / PI
- Gives you a safe feeling in turbulences
- Very relaxed extrem flight behavior
- Fun handling
- Easy to launch in all conditions (no overshooting)
- Glides surprisingly well
- Slightly cheaper then the competitors
Good to know
- Not the lightest wing
- No super light risers
- No snowloops to attach the wing on steeper slopes (you need to build your own and fix on A-Lines if you need them)
- Ask us for an offer. Good price my friend, only for you;-)