Kronplatz is offering us really nice proximity flying terrain with cable car axcess from both sides. There are steep lines for speedwings to the north and flat lines for miniwings on the south side. The goal of this week is to safely learn to fly closer to the ground, by getting a lot of repetition in and build up the skills needed. If weather allows us, we stick to the Kronplatz all week, to get to know the lines really well. If it’s to much Northföhn, we can take the 1.5h hour drive to Austria to speedfly there, or we rent some Downhill bikes and ride the famous trails from Kronplatz for a little change, or we just hang out in the famous huge Spa Cron 4. This Spa center offers more Saunas then one can take in a day. (keep fingers crossed it will be open again in September!)
Bring your speedwing but also your miniwing along. There are cool lines to be flewn to the southside. We are bringing our Bantams along and some Moustaches as well. Of course we take our tandemspeedwings as well, to teach you on the tandem also.
Learn to speedfly some of the coolest lines out there and spend a great week with other like minded Schafseckels;-)
Safely learning proximity flying. Asstograss, step by step.
We want you to have a solid take off and landing technique on your speedwing. This is not a beginner course, we focus mostly on flying techniques, not on basics. You should have at least 50 footlaunch flights on your speedwing.
You need to have your own liability insurance for speedflying. And we strongly recommend you to have a accident insurance that will cover speedflying as well.
- The north side is steep enough to fly the smallest speedwings. However, most important is that you are comfortable with your size wing. If your on a to small wing, you won’t dare to fly close to the ground.
- High shoes obligatory! Protect you ankles with proper boots!
- Bring a reserve if you wanna practice barrel rolls. Yes you can glide out and make plenty of barrel rolls instead of going asstogras.
- Bring a Bantam or other miniwing for the southside.
We are renting a AirBnb close by and share the costs. If you wanna stay in your van, you can. Normally you can stay on the carpark from the cable car without getting hassled.
- Coaching and guiding from Speedflying pioneer Beni Kälin and Friedemann Flache
- Test wings (bantams, moustaches, mirage 2…)
- Speedflying equipment
- Bike rental