Our Opinion – Ozone Alpina 4 review
We don’t know another C-Wing with this combination of performance, passive safety, and ease of use. Other C-Wings might keep up with the performance, but at the cost of a much more demanding extreme flight behavior. The Alpina 4 offers 2-liner feeling with almost B-Class safety. Don’t believe it? Go try it yourself!
What we like about the Alpina 4
- Ozone typical take off behavior: Very pitch-stable without shooting. No surprises in strong wind takeoffs. Glider rises without any input on the A-risers.
- High roll rate, but stable on bar. Doing big wingovers is effortless.
- Very easy to turn in thermals. Very little brake pull needed to thermal.
- High spin and stall resistance. It has very long brake travel before it stalls or spins, and the pressure increases greatly before the stall point.
- Ozone typical pitch stability in active air.
- Almost B-Class safety (I assume bigger sizes could pass B-Certification)
- 2-liner feeling when active flying using the „bridge“. If held at the correct position, the bridge uses no more force then on some real 2-liners.
Good to know
- The Alpina 4 inflates slowly. In zero wind launches, it’s not fully inflated yet when above your head. This is strange, but not a problem. That might lead to a slightly longer runway compared with other wings. Totally acceptable for C-Wings in our opinion.
- No light risers available. The Alpina 4 has the same risers as the Delta 4.
- Quality is great as usual with Ozone wings. But we are a little disappointed that the miniribs have the stitching on the top surface and therefore can be easily torn out.
Tech specs and marketing text
Try it yourself if you don’t believe it. We have all sizes Demo ready for you to testfly!
Ask us for a price, it’s obviously slightly more then 1234 CHFR.
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.