The Mirage RS Plus is the most sold speedwing because it’s the only real „do-it-all“ wing. It’s great for speedflying and for speedriding. We helped to develop it and see it 60% for speedflying and 40% for speedriding use. It’s advantages are:
- Very easy line handling and inflation.
- Easy takeoffs on speedriding and speedflying.
- Long brake travel and high stall resistance. Even with trims closed it takes a lot to stall it. With trims open you really have to force it to stall. Brake pressure get’s very hard before it stalls with trims open, which allows you a nice slow landing while speedflying.
- Big range: It can glide well, but it can also go crazy steep with trims fast. This makes it ideal to fly in steep canyons.
- It’s a very fast wing and picks up a lot of speed in hookturns.
- It’s a stable and safe wing. Even with trims open it takes a lot before it collapses. When it does, it normally reopens very fast without any hassle.
- It’s moderate roll rate is easy to control. No overturning, very precise and very intuitive, great for beginners.
- Great to control with the bridge and also back risers.
- Sticks to the ground while swooping. It picks up a lot of speed in hookturns and sticks to the ground even after crazy hookturns, unless it’s lightly loaded. Great wing for swooping!
- Due to its very light but amazingly durable Japanese fabric, the wing packs really small.
Good to know
- Due to it’s moderate roll, barrel rolls need a stronger input then with other speedwings.
Great and safe all-around wing. Very fast and very steep! Easy enough to learn speedriding and speedflying with paragliding experience.
Tech details and marketing texts