We helped develop the Mirage 2 RS and we are in love with her! She flies higher, further and faster. She is more rolly and horny and she pops better. She likes to be deep inside canyons and have her ass in the gras. You can dominate her really nice on the backrisers or the bridge. She rolls over faster, so you can change position quicker. If you hook her steep, she swoops forever.
But the best thing is: She’s still a Mirage. Easy, reliable and very versatile. She doesn’t let you down or cheat you. She does everything you ask her to do for you…not more not less. You don’t have to ask her twice, nor does she do more than asked.
She doesn’t need more foreplay to get airborn then the previous Mirage RS. And once you are done, she slows down even more.
If speedflying is your passion and your not a beginner, it’s sure worth the upgrade. She is a complete redesign and took more the 3 years of testing and many prototypes.
Which size should you get? Since she is faster in the same size, you don’t need to downgrade to have a faster wing. Stick with the size you like and enjoy more speed and a slightly better glide.
What we love on her:
- More pop
- More speed
- Much more speed in hookturns
- Snappier rolls
- More glide
- Longer swoops
- Better rear riser steering
- New risers with 2 position for toggle attachment and improved trimmer bands
Good to know
- Perfect girls don’t exist. You can still ride here well on skis, but she needs to be controlled more precise then the Mirage RS.
- She is not cheap. A girl with class has it’s price! Ask us for an offer.
- A 9.5 is noticeably faster then a Rapidos 8!
- It’s not clear yet when the first wings will be available. The earlier you order it, the sooner you get it.
Mirage 2 RS 9 proto with 75kg take off weight. Wing load: 8.3kg/m2 only! (proto risers!)