Our Opinion – Ozone Switch
We tried a lot of speedflying and split leg harnesses over the last few years. This one is our favorite for groundhandling, soaring and footlaunching speedwings. It still can squeeze your balls a bit, so we recommand to use bike underwear with padding for long groundhandling sessions. How ever, it has such a low chest strap, that leaning forward to run against the wind is easier then ever before. It’s effortless to sit down or stand up. It’s comfortable enough for longer soaring sessions.
It’s not super light made, it’s durable. It’s made to soar and take a few buttlandings without braking. The manually inflatable airbag seems to offer great protection. The reserve is placed in the right spot, but the handle can be hard to see while flying. So better reach for it every flight to remember.
We think the Switch is a great harness for speedflying and soaring. But it’s comfortable and light enough to use it for Hike and Fly or also to learn paragliding. It will be our new personal choice for soaring and footlaunching.
What we like about the Ozone Switch
- Great for weight shifting; very low attachment points
- Lowest „chest-strap“ from all harnesses makes leaning forward effortless
- Adjustable from upright to very far lying back
- Long leg support (unless you are very tall)
- Reserve can be integrated
- Very good protection
- Durable, not light and fragile
- Only 2 buckles to close
- High sitting comfort
Good to know
- Harness has a lot of zippers. It also needs 3 zippers to reverse inside out. It should be called Zippy, not Switch;-)
- Rather heavy with 2.9kg
- Airbag needs to be blown up using your lungs. You can leave it blown up between flights, but not for reversing it.
- „Large side pocket“ should be called „small side pocket“. It hardly fits your quickstash bag.
- Available in 2sSizes. Only get a M/S if you a are smaller then 170cm.
Tech specs and marketing text