The Spitfire 2 Plus is still THE Wing for riding and sticking to the ground. Its super-light and forgiving construction lets you almost forget about your wing while skiing. You can ride the steepest mountains and tightest couloirs with it. It’s made for speedriding, but can be used for speedflying as well. We helped to develop it and see it 70% for speedriding and 30% for speedflying.
- Very easy line handling and inflation.
- Easy speedriding takeoffs, easy kiting and riding
- Long brake travel and high stall resistance. Even with trims closed it takes a lot to stall it. With trims open you really have to force it to stall. Brake pressure get’s very hard before it stalls with trims open, which allows you a nice slow landing while speedflying.
- Big range: It can glide, but it can also go crazy steep with trims open. This makes it ideal to fly or ride steep couloirs.
- It’s a very stable and safe wing. Even with trims open it takes a lot before it collapses. When it does, it reopens very fast without any hassle.
- Its moderate roll rate is easy to control. No overturning, very precise and very intuitive, great for beginners.
- Great to control with the bridge and back risers.
- Sticks to the ground while swooping. It picks up a lot of speed in hook turns and sticks to the ground even after crazy hook turns. Very steep recovery arc.
- Due to its very light but amazingly durable Japanese fabric, the wing packs really small, the smallest packing speedwing.
- Great for speedflying in steep terrain or turbulence.
Good to know
- Doesn’t glide as well as Mirage RS Plus does. We estimate about 1 point less L/D.
- Needs a few more steps to take off when speedflying than a Mirage RS Plus.
- Size 13, 15 and 18 Twin are a different design, with fewer and bigger cells. They are even easier to take off, more suitable for complete beginners.
True uncompromising speedriding wing. There is no easier wing to ski than a Spitfire 2 Plus. Great to learn speedriding in the bigger sizes.
Tech details and marketing texts
Es gibt noch keine Bewertungen.